Washington Township - 1779
Township CodeCalendar

13013 Welty Rd, Waynesboro, PA 17268

Phone: (717) 762-3128

Fax: (717) 788-0372

Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm


Tax Offices

 Click on the following links to answer your questions.

Tax Payment Common Errors Encountered

 Tax Frequently Asked Questions

Washington Township Tax Office

Township Tax Collector Donald L. Ambrose
13013 Welty Road, Waynesboro, PA 17268


January, February, March, May, June, July,
September, October, November & December

Tuesday  9 am to Noon
Wednesday  9 am to Noon
Thursday  9 am to Noon


Tuesday  9 am to 1 pm
 Wednesday  9 am to 1 pm
 Thursday  9 am to 1 pm & 5 pm to 7 pm
Saturday 9 am to Noon

 The Township Tax Office is open other hours by appointment.

The tax office is closed on all Holidays. 

Franklin County Area Tax Bureau

Phone: (717) 263-5141

The Township is using a new tax collector for the

Local Service Tax (LST) and the Earned Income Tax (EIT)

starting January 1, 2011. 

Our new tax collector is:

James Clapper
F.C.A. Tax Bureau
443 Stanley Avenue, Chambersburg, PA 17201

Any questions on the tax or collecting process should be directed to Mr. Clapper.
New forms and information have been sent out to employers explaining how this tax is to be collected by Mr. Clapper.

Washington Township residents are required to pay a Local Earned Income Tax and a Net Profit Tax each year. The tax rate is 1% of the earnings and is shared equally between the Waynesboro Area School District and the Township.

If you work in Maryland, West Virginia or are self employed this tax may not be withheld from your earnings. If this is the case, you are required to pay quarterly estimated payments to the Franklin County Area Tax Bureau.

The Tax Bureau is located at 443 Stanley Avenue in Chambersburg and their  phone number is
717-263-5141 if you have any questions or if you need the tax forms mailed to you. Click on the website link www.fcatb.org for more information.

In order to avoid interest and penalty charges added to your tax liability please contact the tax bureau as soon as possible to determine how best to resolve your tax situation.